Saturday, December 19, 2009

And, the countdown continues...

For those of you who know me, and know me well, what I have done here in this picture will not surprise you. For those of you who are just getting to know me...the title on the board says it all. I'm choosing to be aware that my days here in Canada are numbered...

Now, this may seem like a logical and natural thing to do, seeing as how it puts everything into context and gives one a timeline to work by. But, deadlines usually freak me out. I'm one of those procrastinating perfectionists...so seeing "impending doom" is something that I prefer not to address.

But, this isn't impending doom like I've known it to be in university or at work. It's something that I am working towards...trying to get everything into place, mark everything off my list (Yes, I have a list. And, it's not just a single list...but a Master List composed of many sub-lists.), and make sure all my arrangements are made. Because as soon as D-day hits...there will be nothing more that I can do. No more arrangements that I can put in place, and hopefully...nothing left to pack up. My friends tell me that as soon as I walk through the security gates at the airport (in 29 days! *insert mini-freak out here*) that I will feel a sense of relief and a sense of release. I am hoping that they are right!

29 days is all that is left. But, some how, rather than shrinking, it feels like my list is expanding. But, I work well under pressure. And one-by-one, I know that everything on my list will be crossed off.

Speaking of which...time to sort through my clothes and try to figure out what to pack for Africa, what to keep, and what to give away. Wish me luck! For a girl with nothing to wear...I seem to have a lot of clothing...


Later that day...
It looks like my closet and my dresser have thrown up all over my room...and I have no desire to clean it up...shocking...

No comments: