Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sitting, waiting...on the sidelines of history

For those of you who may have been concerned with my last post, I must apologize. I realized a little too late that it was a bit short and didn't really explain much. As you may or may not know, the Togo elections have taken place on Thursday. On Wednesday night, our shore level was taken away as a safety precaution, not because we were in any immediate danger. Even though some people feel a bit cooped up having to stay here on the ship or on the dock right next to us, this is a time where we (here on the ship) are to put the nation of Togo first, above our own desires to play and explore on our weekend off. But, if you think about it, that's what we came here to do in the first place...put the people and the nation of Togo above our comfort and desires - so this shouldn't be too hard of a request to oblige by.

I know that I should be telling you about what's going on out there and going on in here...but, I can't seem to find the words to say what I want...or I don't even know what I want to say. Others have blogged about it and said anything that I could say...and probably said it better. If you want, you can find and read them here or check out some of the blogs that I like to read on the right hand side bar.

Please know that all is well and that we are safe and our situation is secure. The markets and businesses of Lomé are quieter than usual, as even the locals are awaiting to see what the reaction from the elections will be. Please continue to keep the people and nation of Togo in your prayers as they walk out dealing with the results of their election.

1 comment:

KalynG said...

You are an inspiration.