Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Leg One...

So...my flight to meet up with the Africa Mercy in Tenerife...is BOOKED.
Wow. Leg One. Down.

Thankfully, my travel agent, Rikki, with Menno Travel made it super easy for me. As it stands, I should be leaving in the middle of January...leaving Calgary, going to Amsterdam, then Madrid, then Tenerife. It's going to be a long day of travel...and when I say day, I mean day. I think all-in-all...with going to the airport early because it's an international flight...the 3 different flights and layovers... It'll be about 22 hours and 30 minutes of travel, 14 of which is actual air time. This will definitely be a different experience for me. The longest flight I've been on was 9 hours. But, then to travel for more after that? We'll see how it goes!

I'm also kind of excited, because I am going to tour Tenerife before meeting up with the ship. My friend, Tamara, is going to be in England, and we plan on meeting up before I get on board. Another friend is going to give me tips on what to see and do when in the Canary Islands... So, if any of you have any ideas - let me know! I love exploring!

Calagry to Tenerife. Check. Tenerife to Togo. Check.

Now...to piece together what to do after my 6 months with Mercy...

(In spite of everything going down as it is and coming together...it still hasn't really hit me that I am going. And, I keep sitting here and wondering when will it hit me? When will it sink it? I'm going away. And for a significant amount of time. I'm doing this...I'm actually doing this...)

No comments: