Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Wee Word Wednesday - Blood Connections

Remember when I told you two months ago about me giving blood?
Now, I'd love to share a few pictures of the patient that received that blood.
Meet Lawson...

This is what Lawson looked like before the surgery. He had a rather large, bilateral ameloblastoma.


Now, this is Lawson a few weeks post recovery.
He will still have a few more surgeries to go to complete his facial reconstruction...
but, the difference initially is still astounding!
(To read more about Lawson's story and a few of our other patient's stories...
check out my friend, Naomi's blog...)

On not so medically related notes...
My parents have been really cute in sending me cards and magnets...
one was featured as my first Wee Word Wednesday...
Here are the latest two to make it to me on the Africa Mercy.

No comments: