Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lasts...

This is my last week in Togo.
My last week on the Africa Mercy.
My last week working in the pharmacy.
My last fire drill was this afternoon.

Today was the last day of surgery.
Tomorrow will be the last day for the dental team.
Next week, the Oak Foundation Hospital will discharge it's last patient.

Soon enough, my last sleep on the ship will come and pass. So will the last time that I scan out and say, "Goodbye." to the Gurkhas. Soon enough, it will be the last time that I lock the door to cabin 3429. The last time I do laundry on Deck 6.

Last night was already the last time that I baked cookies. I've already attended my last hospital devotions, community devotions, auxiliary team devotions, and community meeting.

Tomorrow will be my last day of work.

Soon, I will be saying my goodbyes...giving out a few hugs...waving as the Land Rovers roll out of the port.

It seems that in this transitional community, there are so many firsts and so many lasts.

Let's just agree that this isn't "Goodbye"; it's just "Until we meet again."

A hui hou.

No comments: