Monday, June 07, 2010

Big Splash...

It's rainy season here...

And, unlike places that I am used to like Vancouver, British Columbia...it doesn't rain for days on end or lightly here. I have found that it's usually a torrential downpour and for less than an hour at a time. Even though that may not seem like very long, it does quite a number to the roads, especially since there aren't any real drainage systems in place here.

Hopefully, the video loaded properly (I can't test it here on the ship, as we can't stream video.). But, this depicts what our drive to and from the orphanage looks like. So far, we haven't gotten stuck in a puddle...but we have had to change a spare tire or two.



Even though I know the water is dirty (It smells badly after you've disturbed the it.)...somehow, the rainy season has made puddles fun again (especially when in Land Rovers or Nissans).

And...I must say, I love it when it rains. It reminds me of the warm rains back home in Hawai'i...and last night, I couldn't help but play in it. :-)

No comments: