Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mighty Ships...

I don't know if any of you guys remember me talking about a film crew from Discovery Channel Canada that was here on the Africa Mercy when we were sailing from Tenerife to Togo. If you do remember, that was back in January/February of this year. The crew was with us during the 11 days of sailing and the two weeks leading up to the hospital opening for it's first day of surgery.

I don't know everything or anything that it will cover. We have yet to see it here on the Africa Mercy ourselves...but, I imagine that it would cover aspects of ship life, getting the hospital set up after sailing, and I do believe that they followed a patient or two from screening to operation.

So...if you live in Canada...check it out. I believe that it first airs tomorrow, Wednesday June 23rd. To view the link and the details, click here. If you live anywhere else in the world other than Canada, I don't know if you'll be able to watch it...but if there is a way, I'll be sure to let you know!

No comments: