Wednesday, February 24, 2010

And so it begins...

Hospital evacuation drill. Done.
Patients arriving...in progress.
Surgeries to start...TOMORROW.
And, so it begins. From where I stand, all the wards are stocked, as is our recovery room and OR pharmacy. And to me, that means...everyone is ready to rock. Judging by the excitement in the air, I think there are many others who feel the same way that I do.

For many of you who don't know me...I tend to be pessimistic at best... Lately, I've been getting a lot of comments from friends and family back home, stating that I seem really happy. Which, kind of comes as a bit of shocker to me. Not saying that I am not. I'm very glad that I made the decision to be here. But, a bit of me wonders if maybe I portray a less than real truth through my blogs. But, I also know that I write how I talk...so basically, it is what it is. Below is a surmisation that I had come to when responding to a friend's message.

"hahaha...wanna know a secret? i don't know why everyone is making such remarks over my blogs. julie says that i sound really happy and so did gen. but, i think that gen was right...perhaps i am just enjoying this season...it's one that i've been looking forward to for so long. i guess, what i am doing may seem incredible...but if you were here, you would realize that i am only one of many. and some of the people here are so young, or they have done things like this before - and i wonder to myself...what took me so long? but, i have to remember...that God has prepared me...even if i don't completely believe it myself...for a season such as this..."

So...let's rock. ;-)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow! I am super excited for you guys as you all rock out!! Now is your moment!!

We miss you and are glad that you are doing such exciting things- and are looking forward to hearing stories and seeing pictures of all the amazing experiences you are having! xo xo