Tuesday, February 02, 2010

It's a big blue watery road...

For those of you who don't know yet...we've set sail. Yes, we are sailing the Atlantic blue...TOGO BOUND! We left the port in Tenerife around 2 pm yesterday afternoon and haven't stopped since. You can only imagine how excited we all are. But, we must be patiently waiting with anticipation, as I think that we have about 10 more days of sail. As exciting as this is, sailing doesn't sit well with everyone, and despite having seasickness tablets, seabands, and any other motion-prevention commodity, some aboard are feeling the effects of the sea. It also doesn't help all that much that we are experiencing some rough seas. So, let's pray that the seas calm, and the sickness leaves, and that those who have tolerated sailing stay that way.

Thankfully, I haven't been seasick. But, I must admit that I was a bit nervous about the possibility of it happening. So, before we set sail, I did take some Gravol. Trying to fall asleep to the rocking of the boat was a bit harder than I anticipated, since it was lulling me to sleep when I was trying to eat supper. Somehow, being in a bed changed that. But, I woke up this morning and felt fine, which I was really happy for, because I spent the day pre-packing in mid-ships. It was nice working there, rather than in the pharmacy, because there was a window I could look out, activity all around...and as you can see in the picture, people I could coerce into helping me pre-pack. Having live music sure made the task that much more enjoyable!

After spending the entire day inside the ship, I decided to head outside, just for a change of scenery..and perhaps to catch the sunset, as well. And, while I did catch the sunset...guess what else I spotted?! DOLPHINS! Yay, second day at sea, and already my first dolphin sighting. I was so excited!

So, here's hoping that our prayers are answered, that the sail goes smoothly, and that we get there safely! I am also secretly (or maybe not so secretly) hoping that I continue to meet new friends and have happy helping hands to get as many pre-packs as possible done on the sail.

Before I leave you with a few more pictures of our departure from Tenerife...I would love to leave you with some lyrics from a song that started my morning, and one that played continuously in my head as I leaned against the railing on Deck 6, taking in the open ocean and the dolphins dancing in our wake...

"My life with You,
Is living it up,
Living with hope,
Living in love...

My life with You,
Is living free,
Life without end,
Living a dream...

You leave me breathless,
You leave me satisfied,
You are my precious,
Beautiful sacrifice."

- Breathless/Beautiful Sacrifice, Black Light Prophet


...a picture of Tenerife before we left...

...bringing in the gangway...

...we were given a beautiful goodbye...

...saying our final goodbyes to Santa Cruz de Tenerife...

...watching as we sail past Tenerife...

...a picture of the sunset from this evening...


I know that some may think that sailing over an ocean would be a bit doldrum...but, it's beautiful. As I stood there taking in everything, I kept thinking to myself...I wish that you could be here to share this with me. To witness the beauty of His creation...and stand in awe...
I wish you were here...

1 comment:

Bev's Bush Tracks said...

wow, Tati this is exciting!! I am so happy for you and what you get to experience, look forward to seeing you in a few months! LOVE YOU!!