Saturday, January 16, 2010

< 48 hours...

Less than 48 hours to go...

I've spent this last week doing nothing but packing, looking after last minute details, and spending time with friends. No complaints. Living life like this makes being unemployed look very appealing...minus the packing part.

Today was the last big push for moving out of my place. I rented a U-Haul, and thanks to the help of my good friend, Jonny, I was able to move all of the big things (like my bed, dressers, desk, bookshelves, etc) out of my house and into yet another house (my other friends, Graham and Steph, who have been ever so gracious and are storing my things while I am away). These last few days, saying good-bye (although, it's not really good-bye, it's just "until we meet again", or as we say in Hawai'i, "a hui hou"), hanging out and moving have made me realize how blessed I am. I live in a city where I am not related to anyone...yet, I have a family who is always willing to support me. My friends are AMAZING to say the least.

It seems that I don't have much time left, and others are trying to get a hold of me to make those "last time" phone calls and let me know how much they love me. I am loved. Extremely. Thank God for His extended family.

Tomorrow is yet another "good-bye" and re-packing. Yes, I know that I have already done a test pack, but I failed to realize that I should pack some clothing with my carry-on...just in case my luggage gets lost (here's hoping that it doesn't!). I also want to make sure that I am bringing everything that I need, and trying to get rid of stuff that I won't.

Here's to making the most of the time that we have left...
(2 more sleeps...)

1 comment:

Nikole Opiyo said...

Woohoo! Last few days. Enjoy them! eat cheese (or your fav foods) cause you won't get it for a while.