Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Test Run...

I know that some people may think it funny that I had designated a "test packing". But, let's face it, I'm a girl. And the tendencies for girls is to over-pack when preparing for trips. So, I thought that in light of this (because, unfortunately, I more often than not tend to over-pack), I should try to see if all of the things that I wanted to take to Africa would indeed fit in the backpack.

So, this afternoon, I laid out everything that I had set aside previously when sorting through my things while packing up my life here in Calgary. With intentions of getting this all done before I went to bed, everything was laid out and categorized on my bed (thus forcing me to do the test pack in order to get to bed). Strangely enough, using this method of organization somehow made my room look much like it did a few weeks ago, when I felt like my closet and dresser had thrown up all over my room.

In the end, I did get it done (although, I must note that is it 1:45 in the morning). And, I would like to think that it was a fairly successful trial run. I may need to double check the "to bring" list and make sure I have everything. But, it's looking good. And, I am hoping that anything that I may have missed will be attainable once I am on a different continent. I know that I am allowed two pieces if need be on my flight. I just need to figure out if the carry-on policies have changed if traveling to other countries, but not stopping over in the United States. If the policy hasn't changed, then I think I'll be just fine. If not, some fine tuning may be needed. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

5 more sleeps...
Sweet dreams, whoever is out there...

No comments: